Many sites I look have pretty dull home pages.
If your site sells stuff then you want to hit people hard and fast with the right information that influences their choice.
This information includes:
- Key benefit in buying from you
- Key difference to the competition
Reduce the perceived sense of risk in buying from you with the use of:
A Neat Example
The sales page for my Web Design Business Kit is a great example of this;
- You’ll read a bit about me that establishes my credibility
- There’s sample chapters you can download and read
- You’ll notice testimonials on the side of the page and the hundreds here?
- Then there’s the 100% Money Back Guarantee graphic on the right and further explanation here.
- Not to mention the “Why Order from SitePoint” link on the right.
All done to establish trust and belief in the book and remove the risk of buying it (it’s a great 100% Money Back Guarantee).
Benchmarking Avoids The Hard Yards
Benchmarking against sales pages like that one are a great way to improve your own page.
What can you do on your web site to make it more attractive to potential buyers?