This wasn’t a time to open the champagne.
Here’s an ad I ran in a major newspaper a few years back:
Note: This website is 100% FREE. It does not have annoying pop ups, banner ads or anything you have to buy. It has incredible information. And lots of it.
Following is just a small sample of the hot information you’ll find:
- Why a Web Designer should never develop your website!
- 10 steps to success – how a landscaper went from toil to triumph!
- Why you should pay someone $10,000 for 5 minutes work!
- How one of our websites made a fortune in just 2 hours – and how it continues to make big money each and every day!
- How to sell anything to anyone……and have them come back for more!
- Why service firms usually completely muck up their marketing!
- How to kick start HUGE, HUGE sales with free publicity!
- How to win prestigious awards!
- Why you should love complaining customers!
- The amazing money-making power of a $200 piece of software – no business should be without it!
- Why your marketing should be as cheap as chips!
- Much, much more!
If you want pretty pictures, don’t visit. If you want boring content, don’t visit. If you want typical business clichés, don’t visit.
This site is by people who know what they are talking about. Real marketing experts. Real Internet experts. Visit now for real information.
The only thing I didn’t do – and I should have – was say “By the way, I’m a complete idiot.”
That ad cost me $2,000+.
The return was $0.
Plus I wasted about 10 hours dealing with people who weren’t the sort of customers I wanted.
Business Isn’t About Getting Customers
Business isn’t about getting customers. Business is about getting the right customers for your business.
And this type of ad didn’t attract the sort of customers we wanted.
What works for us in attracting the right customers is our current customers talking to their friends. And that doesn’t cost us $2,000.