I’ve been doing some work on our little Hobart accommodation site today and giving a bit of thought to how an accommodation provider – be that a motel, hotel, hostel, whatever – should market.
- Have a web site – obvious, but you’d be surprised how many businesses don’t have a site. Update it frequently/engage your audience/have conversations.
- Create a Facebook page (free) – and update it frequently/engage your audience/have conversations.
- Have a Twitter account (free) – and update it frequently/engage your audience/have conversations.
- Encourage and respond to Trip Advisor reviews (free). Promote these reviews like this site does.
- Add your place to Google Places (free).
- Work your ass off to get a high search engine ranking for the terms people search for when looking for accommodation in your niche/area. Here’s some tips.
- Add Google Analytics (free) to your site – and review the very detailed web site statistics at least weekly.
- Maybe try Google AdWords (can be tricky and bloody expensive) and see if you can get them working for you.
Do the above and your bookings will go up – guaranteed.